Now ACCEPTING STUDENTS at all ability levels (including beginners!),
with a desire to learn and the motivation to practice.
Contact us for available lesson times and rates! Don't forget to ask about our Semester Special!
- Have you ever wished you could play that drum beat to your favorite song?
- Always wanted to play drums, but never had the chance?
- Interested in becoming a better a musician?
- Curious about how one goes from an indie-level artist to Platinum status, world-wide fame?
- Do you currently play in a band and wish you could contribute more musically?
- Are you needing intermittent consultation and evaluation, or just another set of ears to let you know how you can improve as a drummer?
- Are you preparing for college or are you just beginning and don't know where or how to begin?
You've come to the right place.
Durham Drum Lessons is the teaching studio of professional drummer Dale Baker.
- Dale is a graduate of University of North Texas (B.M. Music Education) where he performed and recorded in the world famous 1:00 Lab Band and marched in the award winning UNT Drumline.
- As a member of Sixpence None the Richer, Dale is the drummer you hear on their hit songs (“Kiss Me” and “There She Goes,” et.al.) and best selling albums. With Sixpence, Dale toured the world and shared the stage with Sting, Tom Jones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ben Folds Five (among others), appeared on several TV shows (Late Night w/ David Letterman, Late Show with Conan O' Brien, Hard Rock Live, etc) and shared in multiple Grammy nominations, Dove Awards and Platinum and Gold Record certifications.
- Dale is an active session musician with credits on numerous recordings with artists such as Buddy Miller, Emmylou Harris, Natalie Imbruglia, Michael W. Smith and Rebecca St. James. Dale has also played and recorded with local artists such as Chris Stamey, Christa Wells, Brett Harris, Jeff Crawford, Thad Cockrell, Luego, Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers and many others.
- Dale also serves as an Adjunct Instructor of Percussion at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, plays for several area churches, and has drummed for musical theater performances with NC Theater, Playmakers Repertory Company and Peace College.
"We would highly recommend Dale as a drum teacher to any student willing to make an honest and serious effort to learn drumming. Our son has taken his drumming skills to a significantly higher level in the year and a half he has been drumming under Dale’s direction. This is because Dale pushes him to improve while providing the right amount of motivation and encouragement. Dale is very resourceful in teaching material and real world drumming examples. He is an extremely intelligent, highly accomplished drummer who teachers proper techniques, music theory, sight reading, improvisation, and all other essential aspects of percussion instruction. From our viewpoint, Dale is patient, caring, fun and great with kids or adults. We are very happy to have him as our son’s teacher. He provides expert instruction at a reasonable rate." J.H.
"Dale is an amazing drum teacher. I am really happy with how much I have improved with his instruction. My favorite part of the week is going for my drum lesson. It’s a great time. I appreciate that Dale always solves all of my musical problems. I also am grateful that he accommodates my learning style. Dale teaches both kids and adults (I am an adult) and he makes our interaction very positive...I can not even imagine a better teacher. Drum lessons from Dale are better than I thought was possible. And the results that I have had are better than I had even hoped for." L.G.
"I’ve really been enjoying the drum lessons and have learned a great deal in the past few months. … I have been recommending you and will continue to do so. You have a great style for teaching, and again, I appreciate all the help you’ve given me." L.W.
"In just six months our 10-year old boy has gone from complete beginner to pretty darned good on the drum kit. He even wants to play in public (which is extraordinary for such a shy child). He has a long way to go, but Dale is just the guy to take him there. In short, Dale has been good not just for our boy's music education, but for his self-confidence and work habits." W.S.
Thank you for visiting, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Durham Drum Lessons